Last month we decided to really test Dillon's limits of confinement and drive to Phoenix for a little vacation. I know what you're thinking:
Phoenix in September? Six hours in a car with a two-year-old? Despite these hurdles we actually had a really great trip, especially once I invented the "car seat canopy" to help Dillon sleep.
First our pre-trip breakfast of waffles, almond milk and coconut water.
 |
| I love waffles. No, really, I love them. |
We stayed at the Hyatt at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale:
 |
| Michelle has downloaded another collage app! |
We had a lot of fun at the pool:
 |
| Ready to see and be seen! |
 |
| This playing stuff is tough work! |
 |
| Dillon is more interested in the sand than the photo. |
We also had an awesome time at the Phoenix Children's Museum:
 |
| Wall o' CDs. |
 |
| Only the most awesome kids play structure in the world. |
 |
| Dillon and daddy go through the trike wash. |
 |
| Basically she was a blur the whole day. |
 |
| Quiet time playing with magnets, blocks and dinosaurs. (Craig is pooped.) |
 |
| Mommy and D. |
Finally, a short video of Dillon at the sand table in the museum:
I lied. Here are some pictures from the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. Dillon had so much fun dancing with the crows and talking to another little girl wearing princess pyjamas and a tiara.
 |
| Giddy'up carousel! |
 |
| An evening stroll. |
 |
| Dance with me, birdies! |